Subscribe to our newsletter to receive monthly updates from our news section
Celery is a member of the parsley family of plants and there are many health benefits of celery seeds that we can get. The botanical name of celery is Apium graviolens. Celery is commonly grown in India and France and several other parts of the world. Celery is a kind of vegetable and is used in various American dishes and as a nutritional food. It is bitter and sometimes sour in taste. It is crispy and crunchy in taste. The celery seed is obtained by drying the celery fruit. The celery seeds have less calorific value and are high in nutrition. It has several medicinal properties as well.
Some of the many benefits of celery seeds are:
1. One of the most important benefits of celery seeds is because of its cancer fighting ability. It has some active components that are helpful in fighting cancerous tumor such as polyacetylenes and phthalides.
2. The other significant health benefit of celery seeds is that it helps in managing the blood pressure levels. Having celery seeds everyday helps in promoting good blood pressure levels.
3. It protects as well as reverses the bad effects of acetaminophen on the liver, which is an analgesic. Having celery seeds everyday balances the harmful effect on the liver. Although this benefit is not backed by any scientific report but many people have made use of the benefits of celery seeds.
4. Benefits of celery seeds include the ability to reduce the cholesterol level. The cholesterol blocks the arteries which increases the risk of heart problems. Herbal experts often use celery seeds to cure circulatory system problems.
5. Celery seeds have many nutrients as well as substances such as flavonoids, linoleic acid, coumarins and several volatile oils. Because of the presence of the above named components celery seeds are helpful in curing many diseases.
6. Celery seeds are known to have anti inflammatory agents. Having celery seeds everyday helps in treating pain and inflammation of the joints. Having celery seeds everyday helps in curing inflammation related ailments such as gout, rheumatism as well as arthritis.
7. Celery seeds stimulate the uterus and helps in easing muscle spasms, especially related to the female reproductive system. Celery seeds are helpful in easing menstrual cramps and pains. If women have it on everyday basis then it really eases the symptoms of menstrual discomfort.
8. Celery seeds are diuretic in nature and because of this property they are extremely useful. The excess urinations caused due to the diuretic nature of celery seeds helps flush out the toxins along with extra water from the body. The health benefits of celery seeds are most importantly helpful in flushing out the uric acid along with urine.
9. As the celery seeds are diuretic in nature they are recommended to people with kidney stones, water retention, as well as gout. Celery seeds do not permit extra accumulation of uric acid as well as fluids in the human body.
10. Celery seeds are antibiotic as well as antiseptic in nature. These properties are excessively essential in curing many kinds of infection in the body. Celery seeds are especially useful in curing infection of the urinary tract. Herbal experts have recommended the consumption of celery seeds to treat bladder ailments, kidney troubles and cystitis.
You can add dried celery seeds to your food, this will help enhance the spicy flavor and make your food more nutritious. The benefits of celery seeds are definitely helpful for maintaining a healthy body in the natural way.
References^ cancerous (herbscancure.com)^ blood pressure (herbscancure.com)^ liver (herbscancure.com)^ cholesterol (herbscancure.com)^ gout (herbscancure.com)^ Celery (technorati.com)^ celery seeds (technorati.com)^ diuretic (technorati.com)^ urinary tract (technorati.com)^ antibiotic (technorati.com)^ antiseptic (technorati.com)^ herbal cure (technorati.com)^Read More
When we launched our first advertising campaign, we used the phrase: “3nB, do the things you love again!” Now we have the testimonies that prove this phrase to be true, the latest of which is really encouraging!
This is what our client in Gauteng just sent us:
“I have just had the most awesome hug from a client who gave up making wedding dresses, because she could not do beading anymore. She was making her daughters wedding dress, looking desperately for someone to do the beading for her. So, I suggested she start taking 3nB and she did. She not only beaded the whole dress, but is considering making bridal gowns again! Now that makes my heart feel so good. Thanks for giving this back to her Alternative Herbs!”
What an encouraging story! If you know someone who is struggling with joint pain and stiffness, do them a favour and introduce them to 3nB, we have seen it change lives! To read more of our client testimonials, CLICK HERERead More
An expert panel of physicians representing a variety of organizations, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American College of Physicians and the Society of Academic Medicine, have affirmed what previous experts have concluded: Antibiotics are not effective in the management of sinus infections, but some natural treatments are.
The panel drew up a new set of guidelines for the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), which were published in the April 2012 edition of the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases. The basic points in the guidelines are as follows:
• Nearly one in seven people is diagnosed with a sinus infection each year.
• Sinus infections are the fifth leading reason for antibiotic prescriptions, yet up to 98 percent of the infections are caused by viruses, which are not affected by antibiotics.
• Overuse of antibiotics has led to the development of drug-resistant superbugs.
• Antibiotics should only be used when symptoms of a sinus infection last for 10 days or more and are not improving; or? when symptoms are severe, including a high fever, nasal discharge and facial pain for three to four days in a row.
In addition to the general recommendation of rest and drinking plenty of liquids, the IDSA also noted that saline irrigation, such as neti pots, is effective in treating sinus infections.
A neti pot is a ceramic pot that looks like a cross between a small teapot and Aladdin’s magic lamp. The neti pot originally comes from the Ayurvedic/yoga medical tradition, but has been used worldwide for centuries.
Typically, to use a neti pot or other nasal irrigation device, you mix about 16 ounces (1 pint) of lukewarm water with 1 teaspoon of salt. Pour the mixture into the pot and tilt your head over the sink at about a 45-degree angle. Place the spout of the pot into your top nostril, and gently pour in the saline solution. The fluid will flow through your nasal cavity and out the other nostril. It may also run into your throat. If this occurs, just spit it out. Blow your nose to get rid of any remaining liquid, then refill the neti pot and repeat the process on the other side. Use the pot once daily when symptoms of a sinus infection are present. Read more at DoctorMurray.comRead More